Pillar Valuation Group is a privately held company that specializes in commercial real property valuations. In business since 2007, ownership has over thirty years of experience in the commercial real estate appraisal field, with a talented roster of senior executives. We are committed to providing our clients with timely, insightful ,and accurate reports, based on the most recent transaction and data available.
We are a 16-year old firm in Cincinnati, Ohio, and entering a new season of growth. We are looking to add a talented and experienced Certified General Commercial Appraiser (in Ohio) to our current team of appraisers and support staff.
Pillar has a positive brand and currently undertakes projects in Ohio, Michigan, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, the Carolinas, and Florida. This veteran leader will experience the chance to hit the ground running with a veteran team and earn excellent fees derived from appraisals of commercial developments including office, apartment, industrial, agricultural, retail, special purpose, and mixed-use properties.
This opportunity also features the following for the selected candidate:
- A strong, better-in-class benefit program, including generous PTO, family-friendly scheduling flexibility and understanding, sick leave, medical insurance fully paid for the employee, 401k with additional company incentivization;
- Internal support, Owner/President access and communication, and employee assistance program;
- A support staff that includes multiple 15-plus year industry veterans;
- Longstanding and growing relationships with a wide network of lending institutions and other clients;
- Joining at a time when we’re moving to new offices, a “fresh start” with your new team;
- Utilization of robust and effective search and research services and software;
- Culture that promotes individual and team growth and development;
- A team culture marked by excellence, featuring a casual vibe from dress code to communication style, and immediate and effective conflict resolution.
- State-certified commercial real property appraiser in Ohio, and prepared to pursue licensure in nearby states;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial appraising;
- In good standing with the licensing authority that issued your state-certification credential as well as no suspensions of the credential;
- The kind of excellent researching and analytical skills, proven communication skills, abilities to write reports and similar materials in an accurate, concise, and an understandable manner, all in keeping with what is likely your current proven track record of success;
- Comfort and ability to proactively communicate with clients, especially when related to complications or problems with a project and its delivery timeline;
- Comfortable initiating business development conversations with current and potential clients;
- Ability to add value, collaborate and work as part of a team, as well as demonstrated ability to work independently; track record of being a helpful teammate;
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability and commitment to operate within precise timelines;
- Able and willing to stay abreast of industry best practices;
- Healthy reasons for leaving your current firm to pursue a transition in joining us;
- Preferred if U.C. Bearcat alumni, or supportive of Bearcats, or at least not one who throws shade on the Bearcats!
Send resume/bio to Doug at Pillarcareers@pillarvg.com. Please no calls at this time unless you have a prior relationship with our owner.